Bug appearing during a swap

19 posts • viewed 165 times

This message aims at: reporting a bug

Upvotes: 8
Downvotes: 0

» Quick access to the last post

Not that a big tragedy but time to time it happens. When one swapper unticks the coin and another forgets to do that and confirms a swap then the coin which is actually out of the swap occures in the confirmed swap. Or you have to cancel a swap and re-confirm it. May be it is possible to add any checking element if the numerous of ticked coins from one side is the same with ticked by another side.. don't know :)
mumi numi
So it's not only at me, I had to clear it in separate messages with my swapper that I won't be able to send this and that coins, because the swap list just ticked it back.

Also, in addition, there seems to be a bug with the swap messages. They don't all appear at the "sent messages", only the last, the previous ones keep disappearing without being deleted. But they are under the swap offer. So, now I don't know if the swap partner have them in his inbox.
It would be good if the swap was not able to be confirmed if both
(green and red) columns are different. So, for example, if one member
chooses 17 coins, and the sender has only ticked 16 then that 17/16 discrepancy
should stop the clicking of confirm - until it is corrected. 8.
My collections >
http://mycoinssite.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=13560800
also 13750057 also 15924495 also 15995337
http://mycoinssite.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=16060326
Quote: "akadotour"​Not that a big tragedy but time to time it happens. When one swapper unticks the coin and another forgets to do that and confirms a swap then the coin which is actually out of the swap occures in the confirmed swap. Or you have to cancel a swap and re-confirm it. May be it is possible to add any checking element if the numerous of ticked coins from one side is the same with ticked by another side.. don't know :)
​Hello,

When the member A confirms the swap offer and the member B accepts it, the coins get ticked as per the selection of the member A, independently of what the member B previously ticked or not. By accepting the offer of the member A, the member B basically accepts what the member A ticked or unticked.

This seems clear to me but I see that many people report this kind of issue regularly, so maybe I'm proably missing something.
Forcing the member B to align their selection to the selection of the member A might be a solution, but it looks a bit cumbersome for big swaps.
Quote: "Xavier"
Quote: "akadotour"​Not that a big tragedy but time to time it happens. When one swapper unticks the coin and another forgets to do that and confirms a swap then the coin which is actually out of the swap occures in the confirmed swap. Or you have to cancel a swap and re-confirm it. May be it is possible to add any checking element if the numerous of ticked coins from one side is the same with ticked by another side.. don't know :)
​​Hello,

​When the member A confirms the swap offer and the member B accepts it, the coins get ticked as per the selection of the member A, independently of what the member B previously ticked or not. By accepting the offer of the member A, the member B basically accepts what the member A ticked or unticked.

​This seems clear to me but I see that many people report this kind of issue regularly, so maybe I'm proably missing something.
​Forcing the member B to align their selection to the selection of the member A might be a solution, but it looks a bit cumbersome for big swaps.
​Hello, would be great if it will be solved somehow otherwise member B has to decline the confirmation and a swap turns to red (and then member B has to write to member A and explain that in fact all is ok and swap is still active just it needs to make changes and it will turn green again etc - a bit timetaking :)
mumi numi
@ Xavier
No, it is not "a bit cumbersome for big swaps". What has the swap size to do with it -
whether 16 coins or 116 coins? If I may ask, did you read what I wrote on here earlier?
The system should not, in my opinion, allow a confirmation click (by either side) if the
two columns do not add up. Surely how hard can that be?!
Why would A confirming then B mistakenly confirming then add or remove coins
to a swap - I can not work out why that would be helpful.

Just asking !! 8) :D
My collections >
Quote: "ZacUK"​ @ Xavier
​No, it is not "a bit cumbersome for big swaps". What has the swap size to do with it -
​whether 16 coins or 116 coins? If I may ask, did you read what I wrote on here earlier?
​ The system should not, in my opinion, allow a confirmation click (by either side) if the
​two columns do not add up. Surely how hard can that be?!
​Let's assume A starts the swap and select 100 coins. B also selects 100 coins.
A reviews the swap to try to balance it: he ticks 60 coins among the 100 coins requested by B and he unticks 40 coins among the 100 coins he selected. He then confirms his offer (60 coins for 60 coins).
B looks at the offer from A and he is happy with the offer. Today, he can accept in just 1 click (actually 2 because of the confirmation message, see my previous screenshot). If he has to match the ticks, he needs 101 clicks (60 ticks, 40 unticks, 1 to accept the offer).

My point is also valid for smaller swaps; indeed the size has little to do with it. I guess it's acceptable to spend more time accepting the offer for a bigger swap.
Quote: "ZacUK"​ Why would A confirming then B mistakenly confirming then add or remove coins
​to a swap - I can not work out why that would be helpful.

​ Just asking !! 8) :D
I guess that's the part I'm missing :|
I would expect that, if A confirms the offer and B accepts A's offer, then B cannot add or remove coins. Is that not the case? If B accepted by mistake, perhaps a solution would be to have an option to request the cancellation of the offer confirmation.
I'm happy to do a fake swap with you (not rated of course!) if it can help me understand the scenario.
Another idea which may help avoiding mistakes:

Today when A confirms his offer, B sees the message at the top of the swap page "A has confirmed his/her swap offer. Do you accept the offer? [Accept] [Reject]". If B clicks on "reject", both A and B can continue ticking or unticking coins and confirm a new offer. If B clicks on "accept", a second message appears below "Please confirm you accept the swap. The offer that will be kept is A's one. [Confirm] [Cancel]". The words "A's one" are shown in red, as a reference to the ticks of A.

Would it help if the message also showed the number of coins ticked by A, in order to avoid ambiguity about what B accepts?
Quote: "Xavier"​Another idea which may help avoiding mistakes:

​Today when A confirms his offer, B sees the message at the top of the swap page "A has confirmed his/her swap offer. Do you accept the offer? [Accept] [Reject]". If B clicks on "reject", both A and B can continue ticking or unticking coins and confirm a new offer. If B clicks on "accept", a second message appears below "Please confirm you accept the swap. The offer that will be kept is A's one. [Confirm] [Cancel]". The words "A's one" are shown in red, as a reference to the ticks of A.

​Would it help if the message also showed the number of coins ticked by A, in order to avoid ambiguity about what B accepts?
​Dear Xavier,
1) in that scenario you described above if B clicks "cancel" the offer itself stays "under discussion" blue mode or turns to "denied" red one?

2) To implement the checking element which compares the number of coins which A ticked with number of coins which B ticked and if they are not the same then not possible to click "confirm" for A until he unticks coins which are not in a deal is not an option at all?
mumi numi
1) When A confirms his offer, the swap status is:

If B rejects the offer or click first on "accept" but then he cancel, the status is back to discussion

2) I would like to offer a way for B to align his ticks to the ticks of A in just one click, instead of forcing B to tick/untick one by one. For me, the "accept" and "confirm" is just a way to align the ticks in just two clicks.

Perhaps another solution would be to add a third step. Let me explain:
Let's assume A confirms an offer. B would still see the [Accept] or [Reject] as today.
  • If B rejects, the swap is back under discussion as with today's behaviour.
  • If B accepts and the ticks of A and B already match, the swap would go directly to the "confirmed" step (we could skip the additional confirmation question that is shown today) and ticks are disabled for A and B (as today)
  • If B accepts (1st step) but the ticks don't match, a warning message would show up, showing something like "You selected different coins that A. Do you agree to change your selection and align to the selection of A?". If B agrees (2nd step), the ticks of B are updated but, unlike today, the offer would still not be accepted. At this point the ticks of A and B are the same. As a 3rd and last step, B would be asked again whether he accepts the offer.
Xavier, I personally think that current behaviour is fine. The issue is that the messages are not vividly visible. Yes, a part of the text may be in red but it does not stand out enough to attract enough attention. One simple solution may be just adding a bold?, red?, framed? message whenever green and red ticks do not match for a swap that is beyond negotiation stage (i.e. one swapper confirms the offer).
Quote: "Xavier"​[...] perhaps a solution would be to have an option to request the cancellation of the offer confirmation.
​I'm happy to do a fake swap with you (not rated of course!) if it can help me understand the scenario.
​This can be usefull. In my case, for example, I have some swaps closed and pending of send because of coronavirus. And perhaps we need open again and add more coins (instead of create another swap with other coins.

About problem of select same coins for A and B, can be added a button for A at top of coins of B->A (with text "Accept coins of B"). If A click on this button, checkboxes of B will be copied to A. Same for B.

When accepting the swap, match A and B beforehand may be necessary, or with this warning:
Quote: "Xavier"If B accepts (1st step) but the ticks don't match, a warning message would show up, showing something like "You selected different coins that A. Do you agree to change your selection and align to the selection of A?". If B agrees (2nd step), the ticks of B are updated but, unlike today, the offer would still not be accepted. At this point the ticks of A and B are the same. As a 3rd and last step, B would be asked again whether he accepts the offer.
Wanted & swap list (euro coins & world coins and banknotes circulated) https://goo.gl/AQjfKp - I have euro & world CC coins for swap.
Quote: "Xavier"​Perhaps another solution would be to add a third step. Let me explain:
​Let's assume A confirms an offer. B would still see the [Accept] or [Reject] as today.

• If B rejects, the swap is back under discussion as with today's behaviour.

• If B accepts and the ticks of A and B already match, the swap would go directly to the "confirmed" step (we could skip the additional confirmation question that is shown today) and ticks are disabled for A and B (as today)

• If B accepts (1st step) but the ticks don't match, a warning message would show up, showing something like "You selected different coins that A. Do you agree to change your selection and align to the selection of A?". If B agrees (2nd step), the ticks of B are updated but, unlike today, the offer would still not be accepted. At this point the ticks of A and B are the same. As a 3rd and last step, B would be asked again whether he accepts the offer.

​This looks good and can prevent these issues when B doesn't see that he confirms the unbalanced swap, warning will help
mumi numi
Quote: "smoked_caramel"Xavier, I personally think that current behaviour is fine. The issue is that the messages are not vividly visible. Yes, a part of the text may be in red but it does not stand out enough to attract enough attention. One simple solution may be just adding a bold?, red?, framed? message whenever green and red ticks do not match for a swap that is beyond negotiation stage (i.e. one swapper confirms the offer).
​I personnally think the current behaviour is fine as well, but this has been a recurring topic since many years, so I have to admit something must be wrong.
https://en.numista.com/forum/topic63729.html
https://en.numista.com/forum/topic46664.html
https://en.numista.com/forum/topic54881.html
(and probably more...)

This message shows up dynamically after you first click on "Accept", so I assume it gets the focus from users. Putting it in bold may help a little bit, but it won't solve the problem.
All the above I have read.
I see nothing wrong with 'tick/untick one by one' - and if that occurs with a
large swap, so be it. That is just the way it is for such a size.
What is the size of an average swap anyway - I would guess around 20 coins.
Maybe a warning message of my example of a 16/17 swap - so members
can see what is wrong. Such as >

You have chosen 17 coins
Your swapper has ticked 16 coins
Do you want to confirm at 16 coins only?

Something like that - so quantities can be seen.
Then the size does not matter - could be 100/60 coins using
the earlier example - then saving 40 unticks. :°

I made this >
My collections >
ZacUK, it may work for the specific case you have as an example. But what if swapper A has coins 1, 2, 4 and 5 ticked, while swapper B has 1, 3, 4 and 5. Both have 4 coins selected but A has coin 2 while B has coin 3. Obviously for a 5-coin swap it will fit the screen just fine but what if it is a large one and both misaligned ticks are off the screen?

Xavier, your proposal should work. As long as it does not introduce an extra action (click or whatever) for good/proper/balanced swaps. :)
Hi
I am usually annoying my fellow swappers with famous sentence "Please equalize the coins on both sides".
You have my vote on suggestion. Anyway, this little menace will soon have its aniversary.
LP
Hello,

I just implemented the solution I suggested above. This should avoid mistakes due to mismatches between the selection of both members.

When your swap partner confirms their offer, you will see the following screen:

If you accept and your selection is already identical to the selection of your partner, the swap gets confirmed.
If you accept but you have a different selection, the following message will appear:

You can either cancel, and this will get back to the original screen without anything being done.
Or you can choose "Update my collection": this will change your selection to match the selection confirmed by your partner and inform what had been done:

Once you click on "OK" you are back to the first screen so you can finally accept the swap.

If I recap, there is 1 less click than today in case the selections are already identical and 2 more clicks if case they are not aligned, in order to update the collection and show the changes in the selection.
Quote: "Xavier"​Hello,

​I just implemented the solution I suggested above. This should avoid mistakes due to mismatches between the selection of both members.

​When your swap partner confirms their offer, you will see the following screen:

​If you accept and your selection is already identical to the selection of your partner, the swap gets confirmed.
​If you accept but you have a different selection, the following message will appear:

​You can either cancel, and this will get back to the original screen without anything being done.
​Or you can choose "Update my collection": this will change your selection to match the selection confirmed by your partner and inform what had been done:

​Once you click on "OK" you are back to the first screen so you can finally accept the swap.

​If I recap, there is 1 less click than today in case the selections are already identical and 2 more clicks if case they are not aligned, in order to update the collection and show the changes in the selection.
​Perfect! Numista is number 1 )
mumi numi
Status changed to Solved (Xavier, 22-May-2020, 10:44PM)

» Top of the page

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 10:11AM.