China Empire coins- any chance something is real here?

6 posts • viewed 144 times
Yes there are usual coins.
For example in the second picture, you get :
10 Cash - Xianfeng Boo shan

You might read the Numisdoc related to China empire Qing dynasty to easily identify your coins.

After studying a bit, we might help U if  :
- you put a detailed picture of each coin, with the accurate orientation, one by thread,
- you tell us what characteristic you have already found about each coin : the denomination, the issuer or the mint for example.

You can also look to the catalog whith the search engine. For this coin, you can type :
Xianfeng 10 cash
or
Boo shan

After some trials, you might identify a coin in less than a minute, then ... a detailled identification might last a bit longer sometimes :°
Referee of south atlantic islands
Thank you!
lets start with 2

the diameter of the left one is 52 mm and the right one is 37
the big one is boo yuwan and the small is boo shan
both emperor Xianfeng
are they real? Can find exactly on numista
The 50 cash coin is correct for weight and size and calligraphy :

For the 10 cash, there are two varieties, both common :

Depending on the calligraphy of the character "bei" :
Referee of south atlantic islands
Hello

You got one of these ones
need diameter to be sure but with the picture
seems to be the 10 cash
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/index.php?mode=simplifie&p=1&l=&r=daguan&e=&d=&ru=&i=&ca=3&no=&se=&v=&m=&a=&t=&dg=&w=&u=&f=&g=&c=&wi=&sw=&tb=y&tc=y&tn=y&tp=y&tt=y&cat=y&ct=coin
Quote: "Frenchlover"​Yes there are usual coins.
​For example in the second picture, you get :
10 Cash - Xianfeng Boo shan

​You might read the Numisdoc related to China empire Qing dynasty to easily identify your coins.

​After studying a bit, we might help U if  :
​- you put a detailed picture of each coin, with the accurate orientation, one by thread,
​- you tell us what characteristic you have already found about each coin : the denomination, the issuer or the mint for example.

​You can also look to the catalog whith the search engine. For this coin, you can type :
Xianfeng 10 cash
​or
Boo shan

​After some trials, you might identify a coin in less than a minute, then ... a detailled identification might last a bit longer sometimes :°

​That's the way to do it, of course you can also to get hold of of a Hartill catalog of old chinese coins 5chinesische Käshmünzen). There is hardly any Geman text in it, so it's ok, it's mostly images!

I got hold of one, since I got tired of asking all those questions, now I mostly identify the cash coins myself.
Globetrotter
Coin varieties in French:
https://monnaiesetvarietes.numista.com

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 01:03.