Menu

Scotland 1/4 Merk

25 posts • viewed 496 times

» Quick access to the last post

I won this coin on eBay the other day. Would like thoughts on what the grade of this coin is. Thanks in advance!

Topic moved to "Numismatic questions" (ZacUK, 19-Jun-2020, 05:34AM)
so on numista it says it’s actually a 1/16 of a dollar but still cool

the coin I would say is a VF or XF

the coin has some wear spots but is really good. On the bust there are a lot of details and for 1861 that’s hard to get.

on the coat of arms the Irish harp has most of the strings and on the flowers you can see some details

Even some of the rim is intact πŸ˜€
Beautiful coin. I'd say F-VF based on the wear on the high points
Kenny

- Verifying your Asian and British-territorial coins everyday with the best quality photos and the best information.

Check out my Facebook, Kenneth Gucyski.
Quote: "Bill1970"​I won this coin on eBay the other day. Would like thoughts on what the grade of this coin is. Thanks in advance!
​
​
​

Very nice coin - & a type that eludes me so far!

Aidan.
Status changed to Solved (Bill1970, 3-Jul-2020, 04:46AM)
Status changed to Opened (Bill1970, 12-Jul-2020, 03:52PM)
As much as it pains me to say this, I believe this item was lost in the mail even though the Postal Service claims it's still on its way. The seller shipped the item from Gaitherburg, Maryland, back on June 18th and it has still not arrived despite the Postal Service claims that COVID-19 is slowing the transit times for first class packages. I opened one case that was not resolved to my satsifaction and recently opened a second case.
I'm hoping that the item is indeed on its way and it'll be resolved but, in the event that it's not, I'll need to take steps to get my money back.
That's a nice coin!
Quote: "Bill1970"​As much as it pains me to say this, I believe this item was lost in the mail even though the Postal Service claims it's still on its way. The seller shipped the item from Gaitherburg, Maryland, back on June 18th and it has still not arrived despite the Postal Service claims that COVID-19 is slowing the transit times for first class packages. I opened one case that was not resolved to my satsifaction and recently opened a second case.
​I'm hoping that the item is indeed on its way and it'll be resolved but, in the event that it's not, I'll need to take steps to get my money back.
​Update: Sadly, I had no choice but to decide that, after 4 weeks of being "in transit" by the U.S. Postal Service, this coin is officially lost. There were no results to be had even after a 2nd investigation by the USPS. I contacted the seller on eBay and a refund is pending. As much as I appreciate getting the refund, I'd still rather have the coin. :(
My metal detector took a bit over a month to arrive, I wouldn't lose hope just yet.

Keep us updated!
光復香港 時代革命
五倧訴求 缺一不可
Liberate Hong Kong, Revolution of our times
Let's hope that your coin finally does arrive.

Aidan.
I'm still waiting for my free King George V Silver Threepence from the London Mint Office. Its payment via invoice. Upto 28 days it says. I'm impatient...
Quote: "LarryS"​I'm still waiting for my free King George V Silver Threepence from the London Mint Office. Its payment via invoice. Upto 28 days it says. I'm impatient...
​
wait what you got a free silver three pence from the UK postal service

plz tell me more or show me the website where I can get one I want one 😁😁😁😁😁
Quote: "legowwwww"​
Quote: "LarryS"​I'm still waiting for my free King George V Silver Threepence from the London Mint Office. Its payment via invoice. Upto 28 days it says. I'm impatient...
​​
​wait what you got a free silver three pence from the UK postal service
​
​plz tell me more or show me the website where I can get one I want one 😁😁😁😁😁
​It was advertised on TV recently. An offer from the London Mint Office
Quote: "LarryS"​
Quote: "legowwwww"​
​
Quote: "LarryS"​I'm still waiting for my free King George V Silver Threepence from the London Mint Office. Its payment via invoice. Upto 28 days it says. I'm impatient...
​​​
​​wait what you got a free silver three pence from the UK postal service
​​
​​plz tell me more or show me the website where I can get one I want one 😁😁😁😁😁
​​It was advertised on TV recently. An offer from the London Mint Office
​
I searched it up and the website is sketchy and the links don’t match the real website and the London mint is shady

is this a scam ? Like I wanna get one but people are warning not to
I don't think its a scam because it was advertised on TV with Tony Robinson, and no payment has been made up front.
Quote: "legowwwww"​
Quote: "LarryS"​I'm still waiting for my free King George V Silver Threepence from the London Mint Office. Its payment via invoice. Upto 28 days it says. I'm impatient...
​​
​wait what you got a free silver three pence from the UK postal service
​
​plz tell me more or show me the website where I can get one I want one 😁😁😁😁😁
​Lego, I've just spotted an ad for it on this site
​​​​​​
https://www.londonmintoffice.org/freegeorgevsilverthreepence?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8bShuZjX6gIVhkQbCh1T1QDMEAEYASAAEgIBHfD_BwE
Quote: "LarryS"​
Quote: "legowwwww"​
​
Quote: "LarryS"​I'm still waiting for my free King George V Silver Threepence from the London Mint Office. Its payment via invoice. Upto 28 days it says. I'm impatient...
​​​
​​wait what you got a free silver three pence from the UK postal service
​​
​​plz tell me more or show me the website where I can get one I want one 😁😁😁😁😁
​​Lego, I've just spotted an ad for it on this site

​https://www.londonmintoffice.org/freegeorgevsilverthreepence?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8bShuZjX6gIVhkQbCh1T1QDMEAEYASAAEgIBHfD_BwE
​
contact me when you receive it to know if it’s legit πŸ‘Œbecause i want Some but done wanna get scammed.
Probably have to wait for all 3,999 to be rounded up for delivery
It's not a scam I received mine some time ago the 3p is free but you have to pay Β£2.50 postage in the UK and the pack they send is well worth the Β£2.50 postage
Quote: "Ian P"​It's not a scam I received mine some time ago the 3p is free but you have to pay Β£2.50 postage in the UK and the pack they send is well worth the Β£2.50 postage
​Good to know πŸ‘
Quote: "Ian P"​It's not a scam I received mine some time ago the 3p is free but you have to pay Β£2.50 postage in the UK and the pack they send is well worth the Β£2.50 postage
​
how does the packaging look like ?

show a photos or send me a picture ?

you caught my eye when your said the packaging was worth it so I’m exited
Status changed to Solved (Bill1970, 22-Jul-2020, 02:20PM)
Status changed to Opened (Bill1970, 1-Aug-2020, 07:08AM)
I'm as surprised as anyone! My coin actually showed up in the mail! What a delay! If I had had the time, I could've easily walked to Maryland to pick it up and I'd have had it sooner...haha! Being an honest kinda guy, I paid back the seller and we're all good.
Given the way the US Postal Service is going, it's gonna be a while before I order anything else online. Or at least until the USPS sorts itself out (no pun intended).
Quote: "Bill1970"​I'm as surprised as anyone! My coin actually showed up in the mail! What a delay! If I had had the time, I could've easily walked to Maryland to pick it up and I'd have had it sooner...haha! Being an honest kinda guy, I paid back the seller and we're all good.
​Given the way the US Postal Service is going, it's gonna be a while before I order anything else online. Or at least until the USPS sorts itself out (no pun intended).
​

That is great news - a coin that was once lost, but has now been found.

It is great that a gap in your collection has finally been filled.

Aidan.
Still waiting, though I have had a recent email. I've also been warned about the London Mint, that once you sign up for something you never stop hearing from them...
Definitely not a scam, London Mint will deliver the coin.
Something similar got me hooked on to them in the past.
Very easy to block emails if you don't like their sales pitch.
Apparently they don't just email. I'll have to wait and see

» Top of the page

Used time zone is UTC+2:00.
Current time is 04:54PM.