11 posts • viewed 121 times

This message aims at: reporting a bug

Upvotes: 2
Downvotes: 0

» Quick access to the last post

The link to some series doesn't work.

For example
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces10069.html

If click in Series: Bundesländer in English side, or Série : Länder allemands in French side, can't find any coin.

But other links to series go fine.
Referee for Spain, Iberia (ancient), Suebi Kingdom and Visigothic Kingdom
The problem is that it sets "Bundesländer" RESULT and not Bundesländer RESULT
I think the "" problem came up a couple of times over the years on other ocations.
if you click on the series in an entry it adds "" to the search criteria. For example, with the UK searching the queen's beasts does not get picked up for some reason. possible bug/glitch in the search algorithm.
Hello,
There was a bug when combining the quotes (for the exact series name) and special characters. This is fixed.
Status changed to Solved (Xavier, 1-Jul-2020, 23:06)
It appears you must use "" but that also any punctuation must be included so "the queen's beasts" will be found (note: lowercase), but that "the queens beasts" will not be found.
Quote: "Xavier"​Hello,
​There was a bug when combining the quotes (for the exact series name) and special characters. This is fixed.
​ OK - yes - it now works - thanks.
But why oh why are there quotes involved at all?
The original link is
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces10069.html
which on there the Series does not have quotes -
but, when clicked, on the search page does have quotes.
Why ?? x.
  • With the quotes, you search for coins which have the exact same series name as your search.
  • Without quotes, you search for coins which series name contains the words you entered.
Anyway of sorting the search so either punctation or no punctuation gets picked up? so, both get picked up:
the queens beasts
the queen's beasts
At the moment, even the queen's beasts (without quotes) or the queen beasts don't return any result. I'll check that. I don't plan to accept the queens beasts though.
Status changed to Started (Xavier, 2-Jul-2020, 15:49)
Sadly people treat your search engine like google and don't use punctuation and so apostrophes often get missed.
Searching for the queen's beasts (without quotes) or the queen beasts now return correct results.

Unfortunately searching for queens (without apostrophe) or beast (without the final s) won't work. I also wished that Numista search engine was as advanced as Google...
Status changed to Solved (Xavier, 4-Jul-2020, 11:30)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 03:38.