Modern Serbian currency [solved]

2 posts • viewed 49 times

This message aims at: requesting the creation or the modification of a currency or denomination in the catalogue

Upvotes: 3
Downvotes: 0
Since the break up of Yugoslavia, there has only been one currency in Serbia. Nevertheless, we currently have "Dinar (2003-2006)" and "Dinar (2006-date)". I'm guessing this is due to the end of "Serbia and Montenegro" in 2006 but, since we ignore the existence of this state and jump straight from Yugoslavia to Serbia, why do we the need the split at 2006? I'm not suggesting introducing "Serbia and Montenegro", since Montenegro was already using the euro by then, so the coins and notes were only issued for Serbia.
Please merge "Dinar (2003-2006)" and "Dinar (2006-date)" into "Dinar (2003-date)".
Former Numista referee for banknotes from Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Saint Helena.
You are right, there have been only one currency, albeit it had two codes iso codes, one used for Serbia and Montenegro and other just for Serbia since 2006. Because the currency was not renamed and Montenegro never used it, I believe we could merge them. Feel free to request moving 2003-2006 issues to a newly corresponding currency.
Catalogue administrator
Status changed to Done (Jarcek, 14-Aug-2020, 13:19)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 10:07.