Numismatic Museum of Athens
The Numismatic Museum is one of the oldest public museums in Greece, It was established in 1834.
The rooms are dedicated:
- The Iliou Melathron and Heinrich Schliemann collection
- The Great Donors of the Numismatic Museum
- Coinage in the Ancient Greek World (Origins and Spread - International and Common Coins - Iconography and Ideology)
- Coinage in the Roman World
- Coinage in the Byzantine World
- Coinage in the Western and Eastern Medieval World
- Coinage in the Modern and Contemporary World
- Coinage in the Modern Greek State
- The World of Medals
- Money and Society
Interesting and easy to visit, not to be missed
I visited this museum in August,arranged on two floors, you can find a nice variety of coins, Roman, Ptolemaic, Persian, Islamic, Ottomans and naturally Greek.
Retracing the steps of the first coinage until today.
They give you the opportunity to listen to a guide in English, no additional cost to the price of entry.