Coins available for swap acting up

3 posts

This message aims at: reporting a bug

Upvotes: 0
Downvotes: 0
Every time I indicate a coin being available for swap, it gets removed from my total count. My collection is currently split between my main collection, and the ones I have available for swap. I feel like the swap list should be counted as a subset of the collection, rather than a completely separate list. The only way around this seems to have two entries for each coin, one for the collection count, and one for the swap list, which is a horrible solution that clutters the page. Is this actually the intended behavior?
Hi,
Yes, this does sound logical to me.
My collection is safely kept and I do not intend to get rid of those coins. The swaplist on the other hand are the coins I want to get rid of in exchange for coins that are of more interest to me.
Therefore I am indeed not interested in how may coins I have in total, but rather in how many coins I have in my collection.

If you want the total amount of coins, just make a little sum on the "My coins" page:

I guess some extra statistics on "my swap list" would be fun, but I think there are more interesting suggestions to improve Numista.
Just call me Bram

Oh! And do read my profile page before you open a swap ...
Okay, I guess that makes sense, it's just a different way of thinking about one's collection. I always thought of my swap list as coins still in my collection, but ones I'm not completely married to. I think my confusion came because in the old layout the coins you had in your collection and the coins you had available for swap were all contained in the one line, and the new system requires two separate lines for this. I'll just use the old layout, it seems to handle my collection the way I want better.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 02:04.